Tanis R & D is a family owned and operated business located in Tickfaw, Louisiana about an hour north of New Orleans. Ron Tanis retired from the Ski Boat manufacturing business after selling his interest in American Skier Boats. Tanis recognized the need for “high-end” fiberglass repairs and founded Tanis R & D, LLC. so that he could continue to do what he knows best.
- 2014 Tanis Research & Design LLC. Releases a new American Skier & Ski Boat Parts website : SkiBoatPartsOnline.com
- 2002-Present Tanis Research & Design LLC. was founded to serve the Gulf South with “High-End” quality fiberglass repairs. Tanis specializes in owner specific custom needs, modifications both structural and/or cosmetic. Tanis also can design and/or create fiberglass molds, and fiberglass parts. Of course ski boat service of any kind (all brands). In addition to this Tanis continues to offer private and secure consultation service to the ski boat industry.
- 1998-2001 President of American Skier Boats Kentwood LA.
Designed the first hinging wakeboard tower, the first integrated swim platform/ballast system, the TBX-PRO Tournament Ski Boat, and the Twin-Rudder Drive System.
- 1995-1998 President and Owner of American Skier Boats Winnsboro, LA.
Designed the first ski boat rudder with adjustable trim tab, convertible rear seat, unique aircraft style composite construction.
- 1993-1995 Division Manager and Designer for Ski Supreme division of Genmar Corp. Winnsboro, Louisiana
- 1990-1993 Technical Writer for WaterSki Magazine
200+ boat test reviews, designed the “Tanis Drone” for boat testing. (Still used today!)
- 1986-1990 Vice President Sales and Marketing American Skier Boat Corp. Ocoee, FL. Designed the clamshell motor box, Volante model, Eagle model.
- 1979-1986 Owner – Midwest American Skier dealership
Factory design consultant, worked on the Advance Boat Model.